Skip to main content

Potato Time

It seems that staying at home is much too exciting for me.  I should never be left unattended.  I start finding things to fix and improve and make pretty.  While it is not always the best for my bank account, it makes my surroundings more lovely.  I have two weeks off of school right now for potato harvest, which I think is just a tradition at this point.  I don't think many of the kids really are out there working.  I appreciate, however, the time to get things done that I normally overlook.  Who knew that having clean baseboards could make you feel like an entirely new person?  Here is what I have been up to:

Living Room & Kitchen Make-over
I traced each frame and taped the paper to the wall before hanging anything up.  It was the easiest way to hang things I have ever used!  And...I only put one hole in the wall for each frame instead of five, like I usually do. :)
















Laundry Room Cupboard
When we installed our washer and dryer, the closet doors wouldn't shut anymore!  These curtains were our solution.

I decided that instead of throwing the single socks back into the laundry basket every time I do laundry, they can just hang out until a match comes along or another sock gets lost.  The little basket is for kitchen rags so they don't mix in with our clothes.

Bathroom





Bedroom & Office Space








I covered these bulletin boards so David can map out the Home Teaching assignments for Elder's Quorum. It was more of an experiment than anything else.  I made all of the fabric flowers using tutorials I found on none other than Pinterest.  





  



Comments

  1. Denae, you are incredible amazing!!! i LOVE your home. it's not a simple american home, i can feel some spanish fire....:) those colors! those flowers! you are very talented. :)

    kisses and hugs from the D.R.,
    Hermana Beata

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting :)

Popular posts from this blog

Confessions of an Unlikely Teacher

Most of the choices I have had to make in my life have been between right and wrong, or a selection of one option among many.  I haven't often been required to make choices of elimination where I have two great things, but must sacrifice one in order to keep the other.   When I made the decision to apply to BYU, it was an easy choice.  I could choose any university I wanted, but that was the only one I had interest in.  I had always wanted to go there.  My best friends all wanted to go there.  I applied early.  I was accepted.  It was great.  I was anxious of course to know whether I would get in or not, but I never had to act on my back-up plans.   My choice to go on a mission was a little more tricky, but still obvious.  I had wanted to serve a mission from the time I was 15, and although other opportunities presented themselves along the way, like school and boys, when the time came, there wasn't much to think about.  I had always known it was a good choice to mak

Music

" We get nearer to the Lord through music than perhaps through any other thing except prayer." -J. Reuben Clark, 1936 I believe that is true.  The majority of my most significant life events, especially those that have increased my testimony, have had something to do with music.  Take a peek at some of my favorites. Perfect Love I Know That My Redeemer Lives O Come, O Come, Emmanuel Nearer My God to Thee Nessun Dorma Don't Give Up Hourglass Come Thou Fount As I Am My Kindness Shall Not Depart From Thee He (II) Rob Gardner A Little More Like Thee

Spinning

I spend two nights each week in a class on one of these bad boys. During tonight's class, my mind was wandering from one mental tangent to another.  I was thinking about the events of the day, the people I had met, the articles and blogs I had read.  I was focused and working hard physically, but my mind was free to roam at will.  As I looked around at the other people in the class, I saw determination, fear, awkward ambition, insecurity, pride, energy, desperation, focus, and many other emotions.  Most nights I tend to compare myself to the two class members on either side of me.  I watch their RPMs sneakily out of the corner of my eye, and try to always stay a few higher.  I peek at the miles they have traveled and try to beat them.  Hopefully you're not one of my spin bike stalk-ees. :)      Toward the end of the workout, our instructor has us do intervals.  We start with a 3 minute interval giving it all we've got with a 1 minute recover.  Then the times decreas